Sunday, October 31, 2010

You won't find me where you think I am..

It is true that many think I am still studying in college, or in secondary school due to my size and never getting old face of mine. Truthly speaking, I am and have been working as a supervisor in a restaurant called Papparich in Subang Jaya, SS15. Yeap, that's right... Which to many they think I'm kidding... Lol.

It's nice to use these special features to apply into cosplaying cute and young characters, or some young boy since I do look pretty young for my age.. and I'm close to 24 in a few days time too. But when so happen I would like to try out a very serious character like RO asassins, some very very angry character.. It doesn't seem to fit me well~ Augh! I don't know why. Although make up can make me look like the angriest person throughout the event, but it doesn't seem to fit well on me with the kiddie features. Haaa... Ah well, so some of the characters I've chosen out would need to match my height, face and... youngsterness in me.

Being Just The Valkyrie...

I've been using the name Valkyrie ever since I started to have a start on Cosplaying... and that was five years ago. Wow, I never realized how time really flies when you are having fun. First year of college and I went to my first event in Nilai, AnimeMega Blast.. Even the uniform someone lent me was... pulling off my age and height.. and my strangely never aging look. People took picture of me after that, and wanted to exchange emails, and more photos... I felt like a temporary celebrity, with the character's mask on. Lol! It was fun and I really enjoyed that moment when you can be who you have always idolized. I have always idolized FF characters like Rinoa. She was the beauty I have always loved to cosplay and the first ever game I've ever played on a computer. I watch my cousin played the game when I was 12, and you can see how old the game is now... 12 years old! As the character was introduced as a 17 year old rebellious princess, she would now be...29 years old.

Squall is also a character I really love to have as a partner. He looks good, doesn't he? It's only his props like the Lionheart that is kind of hard to make since it's a huge gunblade.. All thanks to the artist Tetsuya Nomura. He's one character designer that I would like to meet one day when I have the chance. When you see how innocent he is here in this picture, it kind of moves my heart. It's when you see one guy's heart melt when he sees you hurt is the case of heart melting, for the one he really really loves and cares. It's that touching how the game actually falls into place for both Rinoa and Squall. Even the story that almost had them apart due to what Rinoa has become and Squall almost died struck by Sorceress' Edea's Ice Strike. Well, it's a passionate love story and nice adventure all the same.

















So however, I'm already 80% finished with Rinoa's costume, leaving me the boots to replace the one I mangled.. The chained necklace with it's intricate chain patterns, and the weapon?? I would love to have the weapon made, but wow. That would be a first challenge for me since it's my first weapon prop I am ever making in my entire cosplay life. I never did a weapon before!!

Well, let's keep ganbatte-ing and try to make our cosplay life more and more interesting, ne? Enjoy guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment