Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tempest_Shadow of all Cards

Here's more to the collections! (rather like too bored of life and have nothing better to do...

Under a certain request, I thought it'd be a nice idea...

And there is also "The moon" in the collection... I tried blending and all, and then making more bright shades to make the whole thing somewhat a little mystical and yet vampire like with the whole light thingy...

While doing this I listened to a few songs that helped me bring out the mood and all... It helps when you are almost running out of ideas how to make the whole thing better ... Lo lalala... (I sound like an idiot here... OMG...)


I felt very unhappy with the first edit of the second tempest card I did, so with much frustration I decided to throw it aside and make a new one. How can I not when a fussy illustrator like me can "tahan" with such a terribly done art work? Solution := Redo!

(Tahan = To endure in Malay... So what I meant in my own words would mean to endure such annoying and pain in the eye terrible work?)

So the only way to make the whole thing better was to change the colour scheme and use pictures I can find for the bg to match the whole theme.

Eventually after much pain of looking for a better picture and the background, with much pencil works (while I download some songs that I miss listening to for so long... XP) I finally came up with this work and I am now so happy I could cry!!!

This is what I came up with with some notes to take care of while I looked at the pictures I chose for the main subject...

Theme : Tarot card 13 = Death = Fire? Something dark... Forest? Dark chocolate...?!!
Looked at Hades from Disney's Hercules = His blue flamed head...?!! (Ufffufufu)
Red + fire + dark theme = Death 13~~
(Yes... My mind was in a mess when I thought of this silly mind messing into a pulp formula... Tension...)

Finally now that the work is done and I have put my brain to rest for the night, I can finally sleep... ZzzZzZzZzzzzz.....

(And before the artist could turn off her computer, she notices the picture she just posted up her blog is a lot more contrasting than her header picture. With a silent grumble, she decides to turn the computer off and head for bed... (Ominous laughter indeed) XP)

No comments:

Post a Comment